Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

It Was NOT My Day!

Wow, my legs were not responding to the signals that my brain was sending to pedal harder! So the group ride was pretty much a disaster this morning. It was freezing and very windy, I was riding solo, yada, yada, yada...I'm glad that event is over!
I got back to the Ski School, at lunch, and took a short nap. I wanted to sleep until the Pizza Party tonight but I had to get my butt out of bed and over to the NTC for a run before the place closed (I'm just glad that the NTC is even OPEN on a Sunday!). Now I'm taking advantage of driving all the way here to use the free Internet and catch up on emails.
On my way back to the Ski School, I'm going to stop by Publix (the best grocery store EVER...for those of you who have never shopped in Florida!) and pick up the ingredients for a really yummy guacamole-chip-dip that Cheryl showed me at the Christmas Party. Today is my coach birthday and we are having a little Pizza Party at one of the Ski School houses. I never like to show up empty handed and I've been looking for an excuse to make this dip again!
Tomorrow we will all be back here at the pool for an early morning strength session and swim practice. Afterwards, I will be driving over to DeLand with a few of my teammates to hang out at the McLarty Farm. I did invite the WHOLE team but some people have a desire to go to Disney World and some people want to just take a rest day. Oh well, I am still looking forward to having a great time with the people that do come over...we are going to grill some chicken and burgers, explore the farm, play some games, and maybe check out the manatees at Blue Springs!
I've got to go purchase some avocados and get home to mash them up! It's PIZZA TIME:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home