Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, January 11, 2008

G-ville Trip

Tomorrow afternoon the UF Gators are swimming a dual meet versus LSU in Gainesville. I have no clue yet as to what Dustin will be swimming in the meet but I'm just looking forward to watching and cheering for all the kids in Orange and Blue!
I will have to finish up my workouts earlier than what is posted on the group training schedule so that I can hop in my car and blast up 1-95 to Ocala. Yep, I'm only driving to Ocala:). It works out great because I just park my car at a gas station next to the interstate and wait for Mom and Dad to drive by and pick me up. That way we are carpooling and saving a bit of gas for the last 30 minutes of the drive. And I've got no complaints when I'm NOT driving lately...my bum is getting a bit sore from my car seat...it's not designed to drive long distances. I think I should go invest in something soft and comfortable to put on the driver's seat!
Today was a nice 'lite' training day. We got to sleep in a bit, 9am practice instead of 7am practice, and had a easy swim followed by a team breakfast and a shopping run to Target and Publix. I actually skipped out on the team breakfast...I don't need to consume to many syrup drenched pancakes, runny eggs, and sausage. Instead, I stayed at the pool for some extra time to do an aqua jogging session...it was a great sunny morning and I was rocking to the tunes blasting from the stereo on the pool deck.
One of the vans stopped back by the NTC to pick me up on the way to the Super Target. I did a lot more browsing than shopping because I had just been to the store last night...but, I was able to come up with a lot of creative menu ideas for my future meals! Another exciting aspect about the trip to Target was that even with all that walking around the store, my foot was NOT sore.
When I visited Dr. Keith, he did some treatment things on my foot and calf and then at the end of the session he did a special taping method on my foot that allows me to use my foot but keeps the stressed area from being used. So I am actually giving my foot a chance to heal! This doesn't mean that I'm going to head out and join the team for their 75 minute Fartlek session tomorrow...but it does mean that I'm NOT in pain...plenty of reason to celebrate! Who's buying?!?!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home