Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Posting from the Swiss Ski School

I’m in Water-Ski heaven! And I’m sitting next to a gorgeous guy from France that lives and trains here year-round. I might have to investigate spending more time at the Swiss Ski School:)!
I’m also in cyclist heaven and I just got back from another killer Sunday morning with the Windermere Roadies. This time I actually hung on for the whole ride…we go up every major hill in Clermont, some of them more than once…and I finished with a faster average than last week. Now, I’m about to collapse from exhaustion but I need to check my emails and stuff before I can lie down for a late afternoon siesta!
By the way, I should explain that my teammates also went on a ride this morning but I opted to join the Roadies for a more intense training session. I’ve been riding hard all winter and consider myself to be in decent cycling shape (actually, the best cycling shape that I’ve ever been in) while most of the other triathletes have been stuck on indoor trainers or not riding at all. So, while they get back on their bikes and ready for some killer hills, I’ll be out on the roads waiting:).
I guess that sounds kinda cocky but let’s put it into perspective, shall we: I CAN’T RUN TWO STEPS! So being able to ride kinda fast right now is not all that amazing or beneficial to me…I’m supposed to be a TRIATHLETE!
Back to our new residences in Groveland…the houses are huge and really pretty. We have a great view out the back of one of the ski lakes and we can enjoy the Florida sunshine in either the pool or the hot-tub! The furniture and appliances that fill these huge houses, well, they are kinda lacking. I understand that these are people’s vacation homes or second residences…but if you are going to spend that much money for another house, or if you are going to spend your VACATION here…don’t you think that you might want to be comfortable? My main complaint is that I’m stuck in the hardest, smallest, creakiest twin bed that I have ever been forced to sleep on! Fortunately, I can sleep well under the best or worst of situations so I will survive this experience…and if we are training as hard as promised, I won’t have a single problem sleeping at the end of the day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet you can't wait to show your teammates up on that ride!...(that is, if they have the guts to go with you...)

7:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home