Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Snow Flurries?!?

WHAT...Excuse Me?? Did I just mis-hear what the weather guy said on TV? Or am I listening to a report for Colorado?
Nope, none of the above...it is actually dropping below FREEZING tonight! That is the way the world works...I have been enjoying temperatures in the 70s and 80s all month long and bragging about it to my teammates stuck in the North. As soon as they load up their gear and start heading South to join me in the Florida sunshine, the temperatures decide to reverse and drop below freezing!
After the Holiday Adventure on the house boat, I've been enjoying some relaxed training. Just heading out for a ride here and there and dropping by the pool every once in a while. That's what was on my training schedule...and I'm not complaining.
Instead, I'm enjoying the free time and spending it with my family. Dad and I drove over to Windermere on Sunday morning to ride with the Roadies...I went with the fast group for 65 miles in the hills (averaging above 20mph!!) while Dad joined a group that road 55 miles in the flats. We pulled back into the parking lot within minutes of each other:)
I just got back from a two hour horse-back-ride with my Mom (and with Buddy and Star...can't have a horse ride without the horses:). We made sure to get back before the sun started to set and the temperatures really started to fall. Buddy and Star are in their stalls with warm blankets and a big dinner to keep warm through the night.
Dustin is back in Gainesville, back in the pool, and getting ready for the last half of his last year at Florida! He's got one serious class remaining and the rest of his credits are just 'fluff' to fulfill requirements to graduate. I'm looking forward to driving up on Saturday to watch the Gators swim in a dual meet (I'm not sure who the other team is and I'm too lazy to check online)...especially since our football boys couldn't pull out a Bowl Game win yesterday in their HOME state!
Right now, I've got to head back up to the house because I've got an oven full of goodies cooking for dinner. I stopped by the farmer's market this morning (didn't know we had one close by until my Grandmother mentioned it on Sunday!) and picked up some fresh produce. I've got "Slow Baked Cherry Tomatoes with Herbs" and Acorn Squash halves cooking and I should get to work with the ears of corn on the grill (at least, I want to do them on the grill...the near-freezing temperatures might deter me:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home