Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Electric Blanket = Survival

I survived the huge dip in temperatures last night...thanks to being wrapped up in an electric heating blanket on my bed! The sub-freezing temperatures were mighty convincing to keep me in bed this morning and I couldn't drag myself out in time for morning swim practice (a later call to the Port Orange pool revealed that the pool temp. was 75 degrees...combined with a 31 degree air temp. and strong winds equal a SMART decision to remain warm and comfy:) The sun has come out strong and I might motivate to get over to the pool around noon in the warmest part of the day.
Other than that, I'm getting all packed up for a move back to Clermont...well, Groveland if you want to get technical about where we will be living. The coaching staff is arriving at the Swiss Ski School sometime today and the tentative plan is to meet Cliff, Sam, Nate, and Sarah at the NTC pool tomorrow morning for a swim practice. I'm tossing all my bags and gear back in the Xterra (sometimes I think it would have been smarter to just leave most of it in my car because my little bedroom here at Ol'McLarty's farm is only big enough for a 10 year old girl:)
After swimming and seeing my chiropractor at the NTC in the morning I'm going to be able to move into my room at the Ski School. I'm in Villa 27 with Julie, Bec, Joe and Justine. I'm sure that I will be one of the first to arrive (and get first dibs on what room I want:) as most people are flying in to Orlando.
After spending a bit of time getting used to my surroundings and visiting with my coach and my friends I get to get back in my car and go driving again! This time I'll be heading up to Gainesville for the Gators vs. Purdue in the pool at 7pm. I haven't seen Dustin swim in a meet for a long time. Since this is his last year and he's faster than ever it should be very exciting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home