Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feels Like a Training Camp

I feel like I've been run over by a train! Someone get the plates off that truck!! I'm exhausted...burnt...done...toast...wiped!
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that it is a combination of the training and all the functions/events that I have been trying to squeeze into my days here in Florida. At first glance, I thought I was going to be lucky to be one town over from my home at this training camp. Well, now I don't have an excuse to turn down invites to things in my hometown (or college town).
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't miss watching my brother swim for the world, but add the driving up and back to Gainesville...the 3 hour drive to Dr. Keith's offices...the hour I drove (each way) last night to the West Volusia Sportsperson of the Year banquet...and it is all starting to catch up to me!
I've got Post-It notes and scraps of paper all over reminding me to not miss anything important. Let me give you a run down of the next few days. I'm actually supposed to be heading over to yoga tonight (30 min drive each way), followed by a small group dinner at the Crisper's down the street. Tomorrow morning we are heading out on a 3 hour bike ride followed by an afternoon swim (30 min drive). After the swim, I'm going to drive to my house (at least a 1 hour drive) in DeLand, pick up my Dad and then go over to the Plan B bike shop in Port Orange (another 30 min of driving) to host a Q & A session for all levels of triathletes in the area.
After the Q & A, I'll drive home (30 min again) and spend the night at the McLarty Farm. I'll be up early on Thursday morning to get behind the wheel of my car for another 3 hours down to W. Palm Beach to see the amazing Dr. Keith. I could head right back to Groveland after our appointment but that would just suck...so I'm going to hang out with Margie (another triathlete) and probably go for a bike ride. Eventually, at some point, I will have to get back in my car and do the reverse 3 hour drive before Thursday is over.
Friday morning probably has another swim on the schedule...30 min each way to the pool...and then I'll pack up for St. Petersburg and start driving in the afternoon (I haven't MapQuested it, but I'm sure it's at least an hour each way). I'm going to be working for J-net and Event-Tech again at the St. Pete. Beach Classic (a 5K and 10K run) on Saturday morning. After working at the race, I will be racing home to make the 3-hour group ride with my team.
At this point, if I'm still alive, I will be looking forward to another 40 minute trip, each way, to the Sunday morning Windermere group ride. After the ride on Sunday, you will probably find me face down on my bed, snoring like a chainsaw! But...I will need to conserve and rebuild some energy for Monday because the team is finally coming over to the Ol'McLarty's Farm in DeLand for a fun and relaxing (??) BBQ lunch and play-day!
That is as far in the future as I am looking right now. If I make it through Monday, I will give my self a little pat on the back, suck it up, and get ready for another week doing what I love to do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home