Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exercise…What’s That?

I might not have mentioned this on my blog, but if you didn't figure it out from the complete LACK of exercise-related posts: I took a training break after my last race (Lifetime in July)! With the exception of the 10 days I kicked Matty Reed's butt out in SLO, I have steered clear of everything that might resemble swimming, cycling, and running. It has been amazing! After four great years of racing and training toward the Olympic dream, everyone deserves to step back and find their reasons for competing.

For me, it was the perfect time to take training out of the schedule because I was filling every waking moment with renovations on my house. Never before have I ever fallen asleep so quickly at night withOUT a hard training session during the day…which is why I now consider laying wood floors, cleaning tile, and painting walls all new forms of strength training! You try holding you arm over your head with a roller full of paint for more than a few seconds…and you'll see what I mean!

But that still leaves me quite out of shape in regards to my main 'job'. So, today, I am pleased to announce that I swam two thousand yards in the pool! See how I make that sound like such an accomplishment, just by spelling out the words…it wouldn't look half as impressive if I just typed 2000y…right? On Wednesday, I walk/jogged four laps around the track (see, if I just said one mile, that wouldn't have sounded as far!) and I followed that grueling workout with a 1500y swim.

Watch out world, I'm coming back with a vengeance! It might help if I actually had my bikes here…but of course they are still in DeLand at my parent's house…oops! I'm driving over there this weekend to pack up a few more things (bikes included), do my laundry, help my Dad install a huge shutter job, help my Mom with my bedroom/office bookshelves, and just visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home