Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Swing On By

The list of visitors to my Carroll Street house is growing. The first non-McLarty inside was my across-the-street neighbor, Bertha. Bertha has lived in that house with her family for almost 50 years and she is a spunky ol'gal! We always have a chat in the street if we happen to be outside at the same time…getting mail, garbage, etc.

After Bertha, it was Martha Scott. She came over and helped with the massive living room paint job. Over half of the beautiful yellow walls were done by Martha and her paint-roller.

If you don't count the propane guy and the natural gas guy that came inside to check out the range and dryer locations, Beth and Robert were my next visitors on Monday. I had a very successful cleaning frenzy on Sunday night to make the place presentable…and I did so much and made it so live-able that I actually haven't done much more since that night!

Dad and I screwed the newly-upholstered chair backs and seats on to the wrought-iron dining room sets. We carried in the 10-ton glass table top. I put felt pads on the bottom of EVERYthing to prevent scratches and black streaks on my beautiful and clean tile floors. I made a little living room arrangement with some of the wrought iron couch pieces and then got to work with the vacuum in every room.

And then my guests showed up! I gave them the 'grand' tour…which lasted all of 30 seconds…they 'ohhh-ed' and 'ahhh-ed' in all the right places and then we just sat and chatted until our tummies let us know it was lunch time. At my suggestion we went to a good Mexican place down the road where I was impressed with the food on my previous visit. Nothing is better after Mexican than ice cream…unless it's CUSTARD! It was a nice surprise to find a Ritter's here in town and I will find any excuse to visit…so be prepared if you are dropping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home