Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Second Night…Not Consecutive

To follow up on a previous post titled 'First Night'…I just woke up after spending a second night in my house and you might notice that there are a few days of space between the first and the second night. That was not intentional! I had an A/C disaster! The darn thing just stopped working and the inside of my house hit 95 degrees!

It was at that point that I completely gave up on trying to continue working and drove back to DeLand to take refuge from the heat at my parent's house (which was having its own A/C issues) for a few days. I am the luckiest daughter in the world because my Dad came back to Clermont the following day and diagnosed the A/C problems and fixed them with only a small dent to my wallet.

So…work has continued. I'm still on my hands and knees cleaning and sealing grout…but the end is in sight! Actually, it's not really 'in sight' because all our supplies are piled on the places that I need to clean. I've got a fan drying the sealed half of the living room and when I get back from the store (and from finding internet access) I'm going to slide everything (paint cans, tool boxes, chairs, the stove, etc) across the room and FINISH the grout!

Speaking of internet access…it only took me five minutes on the computer at my parent's house to realize that I cannot afford internet at my house! Are you kidding me…$50 a month for internet access!?!? That is so far outside my budget that I'm just going to have to resort to driving up and down the streets until my computer shows a wireless signal! haha Fortunately, the NTC has free wireless and it's only one mile up the street…don't be concerned if you see my bright yellow car parked out front much more often than necessary (and I'll probably just be sitting inside with my computer on my lap:)!

Did I mention my stove earlier in this post? Well, I should update the kitchen status: it's pretty bare! The dishwasher has been removed, the counter top has been torn out, the range hood has been tossed, and the stove has taken up residence in the living room. I stopped by Appliance Direct yesterday morning and picked out a microwave/hood, dishwasher, and fridge from the 'scratch and dent' section (yes, I'm proud to admit that is where my budget takes me:). Amazingly, all three appliances match! They are stainless and black Whirlpool stuff that will look great with a new dark countertop.

Since my car was completely stuffed with the last of my belongings from the Farm, I had no room to take any of my new purchases home. Not to worry…Dad to the rescue AGAIN! He's heading over here tomorrow morning with his truck and he's going to stop at AD for all the new stuff. With those appliances and one or two more visits to Lowes, I think most of the BIG improvements will be nearly finished! My Mom made one of her last working visits yesterday to finish the painting. There is only about five feet of trim remaining that still needs white paint and I think I can handle that! Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing the cabinets/bookcases that she's going to custom build for my bedroom/den.

Photos coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home