Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Night

Tonight will be my first night sleeping at my new house in Clermont!! I'm very excited but also looking forward to finishing my own Master Bedroom so that I don't have to sleep in 'Guest Room 2' for much longer! But, no matter what room I'm in tonight, it's going to be a big mile-stone in my life…the first night that I'm actually LIVING on my OWN! Kinda scary but I think that at 25 years old, I'm officially ready to cut the cord from my family's house and dorm life and start living like a 'grown-up'.

Today was also a big day for my brother as he and I left Ol'McLarty's Farm at the same time…he was starting out on his cross-country drive to Irvine, CA to start graduate school! I'm not very happy that he is going to do the whole drive by himself but he promised all of us that he had the whole trip mapped out with a few stops on the way at various swimming friend's houses. Almost all of his nights on the road (between 4 and 5) are going to be at the home of a friend and not in a hotel or a rest-stop. He will also be aided by his new toy: the new iPhone 3G! I'm sooo jealous!

So, I will be heading to sleep pretty soon here and looking forward to another day of house-work. I spent the better part of this afternoon cleaning tile grout and then painting on grout sealer where I had cleaned. On my drive over this morning, I stopped at the upholstery shop and picked up my newly re-upholstered dining room chair seats and backs. I'm so excited about the fabric that I chose, it matches my color scheme brilliantly! The pillows that I ordered in matching fabric for the living room couches were not complete yet so I will have to make another stop later this week (no rush…the couches are in the garage under tarps, blankets, and about 50 boxes of my stuff:).

I am also very excited about all the bedding choices that I have made in the past month. Tonight I am testing out one of the bed-in-a-bag sets that I chose for a guest room. It goes very well with the bamboo day-bed that I'm sitting on. 'Guest Room 1' is going to have more of a modern look with black and silver bedding to match the black metal bunk-bed. My final decision was for my own room and I realized that I love the look of chocolate brown with sky blue (my wall color).

Enough rambling for one night, I will try and finish the Grand Canyon adventure stories tomorrow when I have internet access again (it's almost time to call Brighthouse or Comcast and get some internet access here at the house)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home