Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Checking In

Long time, no posting here on the Sara McLarty Blog. I've been up to my eye-balls with things to do! From answering emails, to preparing and hosting camps, to coaching individual athletes, and finally getting some training for myself. I've managed to post the Masters Swimming workouts pretty regularly...haven't missed a beat yet!
Over the weekend, I hosted a triathlon camp for beginner triathletes. We had eight people attend and it was a great success. My participants were like huge sponges and they just absorbed all the information that I gave them. We finished with a mock-triathlon around the NTC on Sunday afternoon. For most participants, it was the first time they had gone from swim to bike to run...all in a row. There were nothing but smiles at the end of the camp and I look forward to hearing all about each person's first race (or next race) play-by-play story!

This morning was a great workout, I really liked the set that I came up with for my swimmers. Their only complaints were about the temperature of the pool...which I have no control over...and before they knew it, they were over 4-Grand in the pool! Pretty impressive for just over an hour in the water!
After that, I continued my new strength program in the gym with my coach Misty. And, when I say 'new' strength program...I mean new in the fact that I'm actually doing a strength program! Haven't been in the gym this often or getting as much out of it since my days as a Florida Gator...and we had a former body-builder as our coach!!
After I lifted some weights and grabbed a snack, I did a bike/run combo session with one of my campers. I never turn down the opportunity to train with someone else, especially on a beautiful day like today. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, the air was cool and crisp, I was on my bike...what more could a girl ask for?

Well, she could ask for a CLEAN house...but since asking won't get you too much, most of the time, I made an effort this afternoon and tackled some of the disastrous parts of the Carroll Street house. Lets see, that was the kitchen counter and floor, the piles of laundry in my room, bathroom, and closet, the inside of my car (after the camp all weekend), my computer desk (where do all these papers come from??), etc. I think Louie and Thomas both appreciate the freshness that is emanating from everywhere I made an effort!
Tomorrow I start with an even earlier morning than usual. I'm heading to the Orlando Airport at 5:00am to drop a camper off for his flight back to Arizona! Should be fun and since I'm yawning at 10:30, right now, I think I'm off to catch a few ZZZZZ's!

Which one is Louie?? And which one is Louie's new girlfriend?? She showed up the other day...NO, Dustin, I DON'T have another cat...YET!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home