Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Winter Training

There's just one thing that bugs me about my winter training right now......
It's just so freaking HOT HOT HOT!!! Good grief it's HOT! It's been above 80 degrees for the past three days. I had a three hour bike ride yesterday. By the time I got on the road it was 10:30am (I had to coach swimming in the morning, then I needed breakfast, and then a nap...you see where this is going)! WOW...three hours, in the middle of the day, climbing hills, and sweating my bum off!
My bottles were empty after 2 hours...and the route I was on didn't have any fill-up-stations (yeah, that was a fun final hour:). Fortunately, I had a gallon of ice-cold Gatorade waiting for me in the fridge when I got home...it was empty in a few seconds!
So, I'm using the current weather situation to try and convince my friends to come down and train with me. There have been too many lonely bike rides and runs for me as I get back in shape. Now, I feel like I have a pretty decent training base under me and I'm not embarrassed to train with people:)
Other than that, I hope everyone had a fun holiday with their family and now it's time to get some awesome New Year celebration plans in order!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a tough life in that hot winter weather ;) I am very jealous! Sounds like the training is going well!! Thats awesome! Can't wait to see you dominate at the FL Great Escape :)

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home