Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Published Articles

I've been writing for the USAT Life magazine for over a year...but this is the first time I thought about scanning in the page and posting it here. I write this for the "Youth" section of the magazine. Most of my ideas come from memories or experiences that I had as a youth triathlete.
In November I was thrilled to be asked to become the new author for the "Lane Lines" column in Triathlete Magazine. This column is in the 'training' section of the magazine and I write about, yep, you guessed it: Swimming, open water swimming, and swim training! Something I know a little bit about:)
By the way, that photo ^ is my FAVORITE! It's from the swim exit (or end of the first lap, I can't tell) at the Hy-Vee triathlon in Des Moines in 2008.
The next photo is Page 2 of the article.

And, finally, this was a surprise article in Inside Triathlon magazine in the December issue (the last one before they reveal their new format in '09). You really get a feel for how long articles are composed before they go to print when you totally FORGET that you were interviewed for the spread!



That photo ^ was also taken at the Hy-Vee triathlon, but in 2007. It was my favorite until 2008:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home