Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What Sara's Up To

I'm training hard. Keep up with some 30+ hour weeks of swimming , cycling, running, strength, stretching, etc. Fortunately, I've got some great friends and people supporting me in the Clermont area.
I'm having fun on the pool deck. My masters swim group is going strong. I had a record 27 people in the pool on Wednesday morning (granted, the weather was beautiful:).
I'm busy planning one last triathlon camp. The "Train with the Pros" weekend starts on February 12th and finishes with the Florida's Great Escape triathlon at Lake Louisa on the 15th.
I'm getting ready to race! The FGE will be my first one...since I'm the defending champion I've got to step it up and perform!
I'm writing my little fingers off. My column in Triathlete Magazine got it's first piece of fan mail today. Someone wrote in via the online 'feedback' and it was forwarded to me:)
I'm lecturing for USAT. The webinar on Wednesday was a success. I had over 60 people register for the 1 hour online lecture. It was a bit nerve-wracking to be talking to so many people and not be able to look them in the eye. Fortunately, I got to glance at the 'feedback' and it was all very positive...I might be presenting again soon.
I'm excited to travel! I haven't been on a plane in AGES and I'm heading out to California on the 18th of February. Visit Dustin, see Julie, train in Chula, present at the USAT coaching clinic, work with Bobby and Bob, see the lights of Mexico, etc. And then fly back to Florida on the 25th (my birthday).
That's all I can think of for now, there is a lot more but I'm watching Rudy on TV and can't focus:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home