Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frozen Mesh Bags

I was coaching on the pool deck this morning (from 6-7:30am) in 6, yes SIX, layers of clothes!
The only cold part of my body was my 'watch hand' because I kept pulling it out of my parka pocket to take splits and read off times!
All the mesh/equipment bags on the side of the pool froze! Literally, no joke! The swimmers ran to the pool edge, dropped their stuff and hopped in to warm up. After a while, with the splashing from the flip-turns, the bags got damp and then they froze stiff! When I asked everyone to pull out their pulling equipment they had to break apart ice to open the bags!
Seriously, it was smarter to be IN the water in those temperatures...especially since they had all four heaters running through the night. I just hope it's still decent in an hour when I go hop in...after sitting uncovered all day in the cold wind, I can only imagine how much heat has escaped.
Other than that, I've moved all my training inside today. It was still on the verge of trainable weather yesterday...just crazy winds...so I did my bike and run outside. Today, different story. The cold front that was creating the winds has arrived and I'm perfectly happy running on the treadmill and cycling on the trainer for a few days until this mess is gone. As long as the pool remains warm, I won't be complaining!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home