Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

From California

To my complete surprise, I am actually IN California today! As of yesterday morning, I didn't think I was going to make my trip...I was standing on the pool deck at 6:00am, coaching my Masters group, and realizing that I had less than 3 hours after practice to go home, do laundry, pack my bike, have breakfast, do some exercise, pack a suitcase, load my car, pack lunch, print boarding cards, and drive to the airport!
It was a close one! Sadly, I had to call my coach in the wee-hours of the morning and cancel our motor-pacing workout (where I draft his car on my bike). NO matter which way I looked at it, there was NO way I was going to be able to do all the afore-mentioned activities AND be on my bike for 2-3 hours.
Instead, I managed to throw on some running stuff and jog on the trail for 30 minutes with Misty and Binx. I've never run with a dog before, and after seeing Misty get drug along by a high-spirited pup for the first 15 minutes, I decided to give it a try!
Yep...I still don't want a dog:)
I'll stick with being the crazy-cat-lady and run by-myself:)
Speaking of cats...I miss my King Louie. He's home all week with just Thomas. I'll miss my foot warmer while I'm sleeping all week in California (especially last night when it was freaking freezing here in Irvine).
In regards to my one week vacation...Dustin picked me up at the airport last night. I was ready to crash but decided to force myself to stay awake for a few more hours to get onto West Coast time. We chatted while he had dinner and I sipped a hot cocoa (did I mention it was freezing) and then I finally crashed around 10:00pm (1:00am East Coast).
This morning I relished the opportunity to sleep in until 7:00am before throwing on running clothes again and joining Dustin for his favorite 8 mile run loop. I think we were pushing each other pretty strong because we ran sub-7 minute pace! Quick shower and breakfast back at his house before he rushed off to class and I rushed off to sit down at the computer and play:)
Actually, I should be building my bike right now...I'm supposed to be meeting him on campus in about 45 minutes for a tour of UCI and then lunch. But, instead of building my bike, I'm blogging and catching up on the ATOC action (that's the Amgen Tour of Cali for those not in the know). Yesterday, Mark Cavendish won the sprint for the stage...he's the next-door-neighbor of Thomas (my house-mate) when they are both home in the Isle of Man!! I feel like I know him:) But, most importantly, I am going to go WATCH the final stage of the Tour on Sunday. It's like right up the road from Chula Vista (Google Map says about 29 minutes)...how could I possible resist the opportunity to see all those amazing cyclists (and Lance)!?!?!
Photos will be posted, I promise:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home