Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Oh My Gosh! I Entered A RACE!!

Yep, I'm looking at the confirmation page right here on my desk!
Yesterday I signed up and paid for my entry in the Lady Track Shack 5K Road Race! I'm going to be on a starting line at 7:30am on Saturday, February 7th!
My nerves are already getting the best of me...I've actually cleaned my house (that's the only thing that can calm me down in these situations:).
But, I'm also very VERY excited! Two years ago, at this time of the year, I was in great running shape. I ran the Lady Track Shack and finished 2nd overall (lead the race most of the way but then got out kicked in the last half-kilometer). I've got the pretty award (a plate) sitting on my shelf right next to my computer desk as a reminder of what I did and what I know I can do again.
So, this weekend is my first real 'test' after October 25th (okay, I will admit that EVERY day has been a 'test'...but you know what I mean:). I look forward to writing a post-race report to let everyone know how I fared in the event!
Afterwards, I am meeting my Mom and a few friends back at my house and we are going for a Girl's-Day-Outing...cycling on the West Orange Trail from my front yard all the way to Winter Garden and having lunch. With full bellies we will cycle back here and then part ways. Cross your fingers for good weather (currently, it is BELOW freezing outside and I'm not even going to step foot out my front door until the sun does its work and warms up the temperature)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home