Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Disaster Strikes on the Pool Deck

10 years ago, my Mom gave me a great Christmas present. It was a mesh bag for my swimming equipment...black with tons of big yellow smiley faces :) :) :) all over it. I loved it!
I stored all my stuff in the bag and toted it to swim practice all through high school and then all through college in Gainesville. It was always easy to find and everyone knew it was mine!
That mesh bag made it out to Colorado Springs for four years and spent some time at the mile-high pool at the Training Center. When I moved back to Florida last year, I tossed it in the back of my car and brought it to the NTC pool in Clermont.
Then, yesterday, disaster struck during swim practice. I pulled my bag out of the bin and joined swim practice...just like normal. Somewhere during the main set (which was sprint 200 IMs) my bag got completely destroyed!
When I went to pack up my equipment, I discovered I could now put all my swimming tools in through a hole in the bottom of the bag...in addition to the opening on the top. I was crushed!!!!
So, I brought the bag home last night (carefully balancing all my equipment inside) and now I am about to start some very special surgery to close the gaping hole. I'm not giving up on you yet!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear about your bag Sara! I know how it is when you cherish something so simple like a bag for years and then something happens to it-it is crushing. Its like your security blanket getting taken away from you or something. I hope you are able to repair it!
BTW: I don't even know if you remember me but I had wanted to come to the New Years tri clinic you were having but couldn't make it on the 3rd b/c I was traveling from the holidays. I was sad about the timing conflict. But...next one you have I will hopefully be able to come. I'll keep checking the NTC tri site. Thx Sara!
-Melissa Sylvia G'ville
Meli_jsyl@yahoo.com

6:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home