Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quick Update...

I've been lazy on getting a post-race-report online because I came down with a bummer COLD after a GREAT weekend of training. I think I am sick again for a handful of reasons...one being a LOT of really great training over the past couple of weeks.
Saturday morning was still pretty chilly when the 5K race started. But I had no complaints and managed to finish in 18:46...second place over all (again:). Later that day I did a fun and easy bike ride with my Mom and some friends from Clermont to Winter Garden. We rode the West Orange Trail all the way, stopped for a yummo lunch in town and then rode home with full bellies. That afternoon I put together the hydroponic garden system (my early-birthday present) and stopped by the pool for an easy swim.
On Sunday morning I was up early and packing my bike and run gear for the Winderemere ride. I drove over to the Elementary school to meet the group and roll out at 8:15am. I was surprised at the size of the group (small) and the pace they were going (not incredibly fast). Well, I had no complaints because their 'bunny' ride is a great workout for me. I can go 100% and stay with the guys when they are going easy for a race next weekend.
So, after not cutting any corners or going easy for a minute, I rolled back into the school parking lot and threw on my running clothes. 2 weeks ago I did the 6-mile loop in 38:45 and I was very pleased with that effort (especially after a 65 mile ride). This weekend, I hauled booty and ran 37:40!! Yikes, I don't know if that leaves much room for improvement next time:)
I stopped at the NTC pool on my drive home from the bike/run to check out the breaststroke clinic, hosted by a Russian breaststroke Olympian, and have lunch with my friend at Waterfront Park (it was a BEAutiful sunny day, couldn't pass up the opportunity for a PICNIC)!
It was later on Sunday afternoon when I realized that I might have finally overdone it...you know when you get that feeling in your throat and you know your getting sick but you can't do ANYthing about it!??! Yep, that was me! I am sooooo mad, I've got to start taking care of myself, get more sleep, drink more fluids, etc.
Speaking of sleep, I've got to go get some before being on the pool deck to coach tomorrow morning at 6:00am! Night:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home