Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Casserole Queens

Our goal was to run out of food on the last night here in Australia (that is TOnight for those keeping track). We wanted to be cleaning out the fridge for one last dinner...time everything perfectly and not waste anything.
Well, we tried. But we just emptied out the fridge and cupboards of leftover food and filled quite a few garbage bags! We've got more pasta, rice, and cheese than we could ever need! Fortunately, it's not all going to waste...most of the bags are waiting to be picked up by Toby (he's a local guy who came twice a week to give massages...he was more than happy to hear us offer up free food for he and his flat-mates).
Three nights ago, I thought I would start combining my leftovers in the fridge and I baked a vegetable/meat/cheese ziti casserole creation. It was a balanced meal and used up a lot of half-opened containers. The very next night, Bec and Jasmine made similar creations using their own half-empty containers of food.
Now, it's three days later and we are all VERY sick of eating our respective casserole for EVERY meal of the day (okay, okay, we've still got cereal and yogurt for breakfast:). But, I've still got about half a container left in the fridge and guess what I've got planned for dinner?!?! Yummy:)
I am very much looking forward to some good Japanese food starting tomorrow night. It will be a long day of traveling...our shuttle arrives at 4:30am to take all 8 athletes to the Brisbane Airport. My Qantas flight to Tokyo departs at 8:50am. Around 5pm I will be landing in Tokyo (Narita), claiming my luggage, boarding a bus, and riding it 90 minutes around Tokyo City to the OTHER Tokyo airport (Haneda). The Haneda airport has a hotel attached to the terminal and I will be spending the night in a room with Jasmine. Before we collapse for sleep though...we are grabbing a taxi and heading 20 minutes back into Tokyo for a dinner party with Andy and Patricia!
Right now, I need to go grab my swim suit for one last open water swim session. I'm riding down to Hastings Beach with Jasmine, Paul, and Brent for a quick swim. It will be sad to say good-bye to the clear and warm Australian water...but there is always next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home