Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter

Talk about a country going crazy about a holiday! These Australians are ALL about Easter! Everyone got Friday off (school and work) and Monday as well...I think the population of Noosa has quadrupled. You could not find a vacant holiday apartment in this area if you wanted to...everyone is on vacation here during the long weekend.
The grocery store was a mad house today...it was also almost out of food! Jasmine and I stopped by after swim practice to pick up some cooking ingredients. Our room (Jas, Bec, and I) have decided to have an Easter Brunch. All the 'left-over' people at the Sunseeker are stopping by around 11am with some munchies. Our kitchen was hot tonight as Bec and Jasmine spent about 90 minutes creating some epic scones (sweet ones and savory ones)...we've got Saran-wrapped-plates all over the apartment, just waiting to be unwrapped and eaten!
I've got a huge bag of baby potatoes to boil in the morning. I'm going to be serving some creamy mashed potatoes (lots of butter and milk). First, though, I've got to enjoy a late morning of sleeping-in followed by a little 1 hour fartlek run workout:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home