Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Am Alive

For anyone who was wondering (probably just my family who was sitting in front of their computer at 2am) I am ALIVE!
It wasn't a pretty sight...on the last lap of the run today, I was completely 'out-of-it' and weaving all over the place. Fortunately, a race official pulled me from the course and I went to the medical tent to get an IV. After lying down there for about 45 minutes and sucking an IV bag dry, I was feeling more like a human again and was able to get up, gather my belongings, and walk back to the hotel while watching the guy's race.
I can't believe that this 2 month trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Japan had SOOO many high points and it had to end on the lowest point possible...a DNF (Did Not Finish). But I was just told by a very good friend of mine (thanks, Jasmine) that the sun is still going to come out tomorrow and we are also going to be back home in Colorado Springs TOMORROW! Back in the USA babe!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you feel better. By the way your swim and bike was awesome.

8:47 PM

 
Blogger t said...

Yes, the sun will always come up tomorrow! :) Great job, Sara.

8:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home