Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Taketomi Island Photos



Jasmine and Becca in front of the ferry boat. We rode on it for about 10 minutes from Ishigaki to Taketomi Island.



View from the ferry boat of Ishigaki Island...it has a few 'hill/mountains' but they are to far inland to be on our race course. I did ride to the base of some yesterday on my bike ride...very forest-y and flower-y.



That's me in the bus taking a tour around Taketomi island.




This area of islands is known for the "Star Sand". It's very easy to find, just push your palm into the sand, pick it up and look closely at the grains of sand stuck to your hand...about 1/4 will be star-shaped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home