Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's RACE Day

And, surprise of surprises...it's CLOUDY and RAINY this morning! Just like last year in Ishigaki...the 3 days leading up to the race it was sunny, warm and nice...but come race day, the clouds come, the weather cools, and I'm VERY happy!
I've been up for about 90 minutes, I've eaten some breakfast, and I should be getting into some cycling gear for a short spin/warm-up on the course. They have opened the race course for the elites for 20 minutes to ride it without any traffic. There are some changes to the course from last year, nothing dramatic, but I'm still going to take advantage of the empty roads to do some of my pre-race-warm-up.
As I mentioned in my previous blog title...I am number 34. Jasmine is the highest American with number 29 and the 4 other girls (Sarah, Bec, Margie, Amanda) are right behind us. There are 72 women scheduled to be on the starting line and it looks like I'm going to be right in the middle...I'll be putting all 3 of my fast-twitch-muscle fibers to work this morning when the gun goes off...none of that thrashing madhouse of arms and legs looks like fun to me!
This is it guys...this is the BIG one...send some fast and positive thoughts my way from 12 midnight - 2am (east coast time)! Later Gators!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Go Sara!! Will probably be snoozing away when you are racing, but I'll work on sending some "time release" vibes your way before you go to bed. I know you'll do great.

8:27 PM

 
Blogger t said...

Good luck and have fun!

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home