Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Was Wrong

Way back in November, I wrote that I was leaving COS until sometime mid-June...come to find out, that was just how things were looking at that point in time.
Actually, I'm going to be back in COS tomorrow afternoon! I've got a flight from Orlando to Chicago at 8am and I arrive in COS around 1:30pm (if all the Northeastern weather stays out of my way). I'm very much looking forward to seeing all my friends and teammates again...the people that work in the OTC...and the beautiful mountains outside my window.
It should be interesting to see how my room has dealt with the long departure...I hope I didn't mistakenly leave something that started smelling:). I am also hoping that I left enough stuff (clothes, toiletries, books, etc) so that I can make it through the week. I'm only packing a small backpack with some essentials (aquajogging shoes, yoga pants and battery chargers...that's about it).
I've also got my empty bike box in the back of my car. It is all ready to be checked in at the airport tomorrow morning. I will be filling it with my new 2008 Blue Bike thanks to the people at Blue, USAT, and Nate (our mechanic who will have the whole thing built and ready to ride when I arrive).
Today was a very windy and overcast day here in DeLand. It was threatening rain the whole time, but didn't drop too many rain drops. I had a great bike workout this morning, some 3 minute intervals, which I chose to do right into the head-wind for some extra toughness. I had to take a nap after lunch just to find enough energy to make it over to Port Orange for swim practice. Coach Steve gave us a killer set and my arms were feeling a bit dead at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to sitting on an airplane all morning and relaxing:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home