Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, February 23, 2009

No Tour for Sara

I was torn between driving up to see the final stage of the Tour of California yesterday...and doing a great day of personal training. It was a tough decision but I re-evaluated why I made this trip out to SoCal and the decision was a bit easier...train hard and catch the results of the tour before going to sleep.
Apparently, Levi won the yellow jersey again. I have no idea what any of the other results are because I fell sleep before checking results. Some of my friends that did make it up to see the final stage said it really wasn't worth the trip because you can't see much, too many people, no parking, etc. I guess I could have predicted that anyways. I will just stick with my promise to myself to take a cycling-trip/vacation of the Tour de France one year AFTER I am done being a competitive athlete.
Speaking of sleep...I am actually GETTING some of it! During my weekend in Chula Vista at the OTC, I think I have averaged twice as many hours per night than I get at home!! No kidding! I am literally ignoring everything except myself and my training while I am out here. And...boy...does it feel GOOD! The only thing that keeps me attached to home is trying to remember to get the NTC masters swim workouts to Misty before practice starts...Sorry Misty!! I've been stretching, and ice bathing, and warming up, and cooling down, and getting massages and visualizing, and learning, and listening...oh yeah, and training hard! More on all that training later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home