Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Birthday Surprise!

Misty told me to be on my bike on Sunday morning (last Sunday) at 8:00am with some sandals in my back pocket. She wouldn't tell me where we going or what we were doing!
It was a beautiful morning and it took me about 40 minutes (of a 45 minute ride) to figure out where we were going! Basically, the Quest Air hang-gliding airport is the ONLY thing out in Groveland that would be remotely fun...so as we got further from civilization, I started to clue in on the surprise!
We signed a stack of waivers and then met our tandem instructor...Dustin (yep!). He's like one of the best hang gliders in the country (world?) so we were in good hands!
I went first...strapped in above Dustin.
We were towed by an ultra-light plane up to 2500 feet and then released on our own. Dustin aimed us back towards the airport and then let me try steering (very easy). After a bit he asked if I "liked roller-coasters." As soon as I replied "Yes!" we started dipping and diving and rocketing in all sorts of directions!

Of course it ended WAY too soon...but the experience was amazing! I'll be back out there very soon...maybe this time for a 'mile-high' flight

Misty went second...strapped in above Dustin.

Getting towed up by the ultra-light was the slowest part of the whole adventure...but you got a great view of central Florida from the clear, blue skies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home