Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Casa de Fitness

I am a total impulse shopper. Once I get it in my head that I WANT something, or I HAVE to have something...there is absolutely NO stopping me! So, today, I purchased an addition to the Triathlon House on Carroll Street: an ICE BATH!!!
Yes, I know, it is a large-animal-feeding-trough...but in my world, it is the perfect sized personal ice bath!! Eventually, it will be sitting on a great concrete slab that will be the foundation of my back-porch...but for now, it will just be chilling (no pun intended) on the ground outside the back door.
After purchasing the big tub from the local Feed and Pet store, I stopped by Publix and purchased 3 huge bags of ice. I was just guessing on the quantity...it looked about right...I even thought it might be too much!
Drove back to my house, backed over the curb and up to the gate into the back yard, called out my roommate (Mr. Muscles) to help me unload, and then turned on the hose and got to work filling my first ICE BATH!!

No worries on the amount of ice...three bags was PLENTY! It was freaking cold but I lasted for the full 12 minutes (and then couldn't feel my feet for another 12 minutes)!

There was more than enough ice for Thomas to take a 12 minute bath...

So then I called Misty! 3 ice bags equals 3 great ice baths! Hey Clermont-ians...if you want an ice bath, just pick up the ice, give me a call, and save me 12 minutes!

By the way, my VG-1 (Vertical Garden) is doing so awesome! I've been eating home-grown-lettuce-salads for the past 4 nights. Instead of cutting off a whole head, I've just been picking of individual leaves on the outside. That way, I get a salad with about 3 HUGE leaves, and the plant can keep growing (basically, I got sick of waiting for them to 'finish' growing:)


Now, I just have to be patient and wait for the tomato plants to start doing something. So far, all they've done is GROW! Where are the little tomatoes?!?! "HHHHEEEERRRREE tomato, tomato, tomato!!!!"

Tomorrow I will be planting some additional items to the top level...I picked up some Sweet Basil at the store, along with a strawberry plant! That could be a good salad right there...Romain, spinach (it's growing, slowly), tomatoes, strawberries, and some basil dressing!!

So, hold your appetite and plan to come over for dinner in about 2 months! See you then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home