Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just Like Old Times

After 2 months of living at sea-level...I lost every bit of altitude adjustment that I had! And I've been feeling it during the last week of training when my lungs are burning and I'm jogging at like 8 minute mile pace:)
But today will be a bit different...in one hour I've got a running workout on the treadmill in the Sports Science lab where I will be hooked up to an oxygen machine that simulates sea-level! So it should be just like I was back in Noosa doing a hard run...or like in Florida this weekend racing St. Anthony's.
Speaking of racing...I leave on Thursday morning for Tampa to hang with the Margalis' for a few days before waking up early on Sunday for the triathlon. This year, Dustin has signed up for the Elite Age-Group wave and my parents are doing the swim (mom) and bike (dad) legs of a relay.
After the race, I'm going to go home and spend a few days in DeLand...hang out, visit my Grandma, do some sponsor things with the new Plan B bike shop in Port Orange, swim with DBS...I head back to the Springs on Thursday, May 3rd.
I rode on my new Litespeed time-trial bike once (Saturday) and it doesn't look very promising for another ride today...it's windy, raining, and below 30 degrees outside. Fortunately, I have a few days in St. Pete before the race to get comfortable on the nice flat roads...the rolling roads in COS are not very conducive to time-trial training:)
Well, I think that I successfully burned through some extra minutes of time this morning...I was not planning to be awake so early but at 6:30am there was a pounding on my door. I thought it would just go away, but when the pounding happened a second time, I knew it was the drug testing people! No complaints from me...if they have to test me, it's easiest when they wake me up and I've got to pee anyways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home