Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Springs At It's Finest

4:40...pm...Mountain Time...the plane touched down on the runway in Colorado Springs!
I disembarked from my 4th and final plane on April 16th, 2007 and got my first blast of cold mountain air since February.
I soon discovered that the United baggage handlers in San Francisco managed to load Brian's, Jasmine's, and my suitcases on the correct plane, but they couldn't manage to get our three bikes and two wheel bags aboard.
Fortunately, the bikes/wheels have arrived and are in-transit to the OTC right now.
Speaking of my luggage, that is the last trip that my hideous (but much-used) suitcase will be making...the zippers were holding on for dear life on the way home!
I had another mountain of mail waiting for me at the front desk of the OTC...some birthday presents from relatives that forgot I was departing the country three days before my 24th...some USADA (USA Anti-Doping Association) negative drug test results...and the normal bills, checks, and junk.
BIG thanks go out to our USAT bike mechanic for building my Litespeed Saber Time Trial bike...it was waiting in my room when I walked in...now I have to officially find space in my room for 4 bikes!
I also want to thank the USAT coaches that were in Ishigaki for their support before, during, (and most importantly) after the race. Scott and Brian were drenched like the rest of us before the race...they yelled encouraging things on every lap of the bike and run...and then they took good care of the silly American girls that wobbled off the course and into the medical tents (Jasmine and I:).
I've just read a nice email from my coach, Cliff, who has officially given me a few days off to recover...physically and mentally.
By the way...USAT has posted my latest Elite Update from the Ishigaki World Cup. I actually wrote it the night after the race to get some steam out and vent some frustration about my performance...if you actually read it, it's obvious I edited those parts out and kept them to myself:).
Now it's time to attempt to fall asleep even though it's the middle of the day in Japan and Australia...it's 9:30pm here and I need to get some serious shut-eye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home