Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Aloha Again

I don't usually do this...but I'm pressed for time and computer battery. So that is my excuse for just posting the same thing that I just sent to everyone I know in email. But I want to get a post up here since I'm in Hawaii...so here is my Pre Honolulu Press Release:

It’s been three weeks since my last race. Three weeks of really great training sessions, long nights of sleep, and a few days of nice rest. Tomorrow morning I will be waking up at 3:00am (Hawaii time) to get ready for the 2007 Honolulu Triathlon.
This year, the Honolulu race is our Elite National Championships, it is the first qualifier for the Pan American Games, and the first qualifier for World Championships. It is also an “ITU points race” so I can win some much needed points in my quest for making the Olympic Team for next year! There is a lot up for grabs across the finish line tomorrow and I’m looking forward to a strong result.
I flew over here on Thursday morning…4:30am departure from the OTC, 6:20am departure from the COS airport, and 11:30am arrival in Honolulu. The trans-Pacific flight from LAX was very nice because I was upgraded to first class…no special reason, I just used some upgrade certificates that were about to expire:). But it did give me some more leg room and a comfy seat for the five hour flight.
I’m rooming with my good friend (and last year’s Honolulu Triahtlon Champion) Jasmine at an average hotel that I found with a kitchenette. I’m here for almost a week so saving money by eating at ‘home’ for some meals is one way to go.
It’s Saturday morning, still dark outside because I set my alarm for 4:00am. We’ve got a training session down at the beach at 6:00am and I want to stay on Colorado time as much as possible. So, it really doesn’t feel bad to be awake right now…or so I keep telling myself!
Later, Gators!
Sara McLarty:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home