Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Painful And Fun

The swim/bike brick workout this morning on the pool deck was awesome! I'm so glad that I was in town for this one (I missed a similar session 2 weeks ago because I was traveling to Tampa).
After the very painful and intense workout, I realized that those are the types of sessions that keep me interested and excited about my sport and my job. It's the creative and different sessions that come along just once-in-a-while to keep things interesting...they break up the monotonous 3 hour bike rides and 5000 meter swim workouts. The intensity pushes you to your personal limits and when you're on a trainer, you can't compare your speed to the person next to you. It forces you to compete with yourself and learn how hard you can motivate yourself.
I was completely dead after the session! After warming down, everyone made a bee-line to the cafeteria for a huge breakfast to refuel. I had to make sure that I had enough to recover and get ready for a pretty solid running workout later in the day...there was also a nap thrown in there to help that recovery:)
Another big day tomorrow...I'm feeling strong and fit and looking forward to the next race...Nationals in Honolulu are next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home