Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Oh What A Day

It started with a swim practice that gave me nightmares of college swimming...after the main set my forearms and fingers were cramped up and my water bottle was completely empty!
Of course...the main set was only 10 x 300m and I did them on 3:45 instead of like 20 x 500y on 5:00 (my most memorable workout at UF...because I actually MADE all 20 of those 500s!)...but it's all relative now and the altitude is always a factor (excuse) that I love to use!
Practice was from 7:30 to 9:00 in the pool and we had 30 minutes to rush through the cafeteria for some chow before meeting at 9:30 for a group bike ride over to Gold Camp road for three ascents of the paved road (takes me about 9 minutes at 100% effort). Again...its not like I'm trading pulls with Matty Reed and Mark Fretta...I'm at the tail end of the group doing my best and watching my heart rate fly off the radar for the last quarter mile. We actually finished up with a fourth ascent of the road for a cool down...that one took me about 15 minutes to climb because we were actually at 'conversation' pace:)!
After lunch I was out for the count...a 2 HOUR food/exhaustion coma. I really don't think my body moved while I was sleeping because I woke up very stiff and exactly how I lay down! But that wasn't going to stop me from finishing off my training log with the 40 minute jog...no sir-e...I headed out on the road at about 12-minute-per-mile pace knocking out some serious fitness.
The remainder of my day was split between some shopping at Target, getting work done on the computer (I was a bit behind on email because the internet was down for about 12 hours:), eating dinner with some friends, and I just finished watching "Blood Diamond" with Leo DiCaprio (good movie)!
If the pattern continues, tomorrow is my last big day of training before the volume really drops off for the race next Sunday in Honolulu. Monday will probably be a nice day off...maybe with an optional swim (humm? Will I swim?) and I've got a massage appointment before another relaxing yoga/stretching/breathing class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home