Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Race Weekend

Sunday morning was my national champs. It started bright and early at 6am...of course I had no problem staying out of the mid-day heat! I was part of a 5-person lead-pack on the bike course...we worked hard together and increased our lead on the chasers. On the run, I felt great! The heat didn't affect me. I kept good form the whole 10K.

Julie Swail, Sarah Haskins, and Laura Bennett had a great run...they pushed each other right to the finish line. I ran my own pace and I finished in a solid 4th place! After the race, we started the national team summit meeting before a great dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

This morning, we finished our meetings at noon. I picked up my rental car then picked up Katie and Sharron for a short trip to the NORTH SHORE! I've finally been to the North Shore...it was beautiful but the water was pancake-flat! So we didn't see any surfing, but we did walk in the water, check out the gardens, chow on some Mexican food, and stopped at the famous shaved-ice stand for dessert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home