Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Packing Has Begun

This is what I have in my bag so far...food for 2 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for the time I am in Beijing before my race. Check out my new Hot Pot for cooking meals...I can make 'instant' anything. So you can see the pieces of the meals...oatmeal with soy protein powder and raisins for breakfast....instant noodles/rice/couscous with tofu or chicken for lunches and dinners. I've also got my peanut butter and honey to go on bread (can't be too hard to find) and my hot chocolate packets (can't go anywhere without my HC!).
All that is going in my luggage bag first because its going to be on the bottom, buried below everything else which I will be using during the three weeks of traveling leading up to Beijing. Next to go in my bag will be toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush) and I've got to make sure that I have one-month's-worth of all those things.
On top off all that I will start packing my clothes, shoes, and other essentials. Our race suits, team shirts and sweatshirts have already been distributed so I will have a chance to wash them before traveling. My race suit is red and blue (USA colors) and I actually trained in it this morning during swim practice. Just as a precaution, I like to make sure there is nothing wrong, like a loose seam or suddenly the fabric disintegrates in the water...better here in COS than on the start line in Germany!
Other than spending about 30 minutes making an attempt to pack...I had very a relaxing Friday. We had to get up and swim this morning, but once that was accomplished, I took a friend out to lunch, went to a movie, got a massage, and watched another movie in my room. I saw The Nanny Diaries in the theater and watched 300 in my room. Tomorrow is one of our last big training days before we travel and taper. I'll be rolling my bike to the pool in the AM for a swim/bike brick session...probably a little lower intensity than when we are 4 weeks away from racing (I will be exactly one week from racing) but still a key session to remind the legs what it feels like to go from floating to pushing lots of watts!
Tomorrow I am setting a goal of accomplishing some more packing (by doing my laundry so I have some clean clothes to choose from) and starting to organize my bike box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home