Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, February 15, 2008

BBBBrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Its cold out here...I must be in Colorado! There can also be no doubt that I'm in Colorado because I woke up this morning at 5am...which is exactly 7am in Florida...but it doesn't do me any good here when I'm starving and the cafeteria doesn't open for 2 hours.
I've been waking up exactly at 7am at home for the past 2 weeks. Just using the natural sunshine as my alarm-clock instead of a ringing or dinging contraption that puts me in a bad mood. I expected to wake up early this morning but I assumed that I could fall back asleep...but I didn't expect to have a growling tummy keep me from my goal of an extended slumber. So, I pulled on some pants and a sweatshirt and went in search of munchies.
My last resort was going to be cooking oatmeal in my room because I have a few instant packets and a hot-pot but I like to reserve all that for traveling to foreign countries where the food can be questionable. The OTC has always had 24 hour access to a hot cocoa machine and that was my first stop. Unfortunately, a warm drink in the morning sometimes just makes me hungrier for some real food! That's when I stumbled across the new "cereal bar" that is open and fully stocked from 9pm to 7am when the cafeteria is closed...I guess it is for cases like me who are on different time zones...so I put together a complete breakfast and chowed down in my living room while watching early morning infomercials!
Anyways, now that my belly has been tamed, I can get on with my visit to COS. I arrived yesterday afternoon, a little later than planned because of a flight delay out of Chicago, but still had time to run my 3 miles and attend the evening yoga class. It was Valentines Day (woo-hoo) so the dining hall treated us to a yummy buffet of heart-shaped foods and a huge, liquid chocolate fountain. I saw all my teammates at dinner and caught up on the latest news and events: Jasmine had her long hair cut into an adorable bob…Tim met Joe Montana at a Super Bowl party…Mary Beth is also in COS to pick up her new bike…the list goes on and on.
Today I will continue to try and stay warm while accomplishing all my workouts. This might mean that I ride my bike in the basement on a Computrainer, but I can survive that for a few days. Swimming practice this afternoon will be inside (of course) and I cap of the day with an evening massage (thank goodness) and maybe a fun activity with friends. We shall see:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home