Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Breathing Time

Amazing how fast time flies! I have been living in Clermont for almost a month and I think I've posted one or two blogs since taking up residence. Between getting back into training, organizing the first winter camps at the NTC, getting ready to start coaching masters, working on my house, and taking care of a kitten…I guess writing is the first thing that goes out the window. I'm pretty sure that things will eventually settle down (especially with these camps…there is so much front work in the scheduling process) and I will be able to get back to blogging on a regular basis. (Keep in mind, it's as much for myself as for you…I loving going back a few years and reading what I was doing!)

As for training, I'm getting back into a groove. I was on my bike for two hours this morning! It's wasn't pretty or fast (or very comfortable) but I was happy and it was fun. That's what I was waiting for all last month…for the fun to come back into training! I've been attending the Fast Lane swim practices at the NTC again. Unfortunately, I am not going the same speeds that I was back in December…now I'm just happy to make the intervals at the back of the lane. (Not to mention that I have to get out early or risk drowning!) And then there is running. I'm testing my foot out every day and taking it very slowly. With just a few 20 and 30 minute jogs under my belt, I'm not 100% sure how things are going to turn out…but they are still on the 'OK' list right now.

Winter camps at the NTC…did I ever mention that I was hired to organize Triathlon Camps for the National Training Center in Clermont?!? Well, that is what I'm doing with 90% of my non-training time. I've come to realize that putting on camps are very front and back heavy on the work load. After a few weeks of hammering out schedules, getting the times, locations and permission, working on the publicity, and getting the information up on the web…then you just sit back and wait for the camp date (which, of course, is the other very busy time). So if you are interested in ANY type of triathlon camp, check out the NTC's website as I slowly get the camp info hammered out and posted.

Tomorrow is my first day of Masters Swim Coaching at the NTC! It starts at 6am (my alarm is already set) and runs until 7:30am. I'm slightly nervous and quite a bit excited. I have done my best at getting the word out and encouraging people to attend (especially since this session and the next two are FREE)! The details of my first session will surely be the topic of an upcoming blog post:)!

The previous post includes photo proof that I've made some more progress on my house. My Dad came over last weekend with some of the cabinets that will divide my huge master bedroom into an office and bedroom. They, just like the beautiful shutters, were custom built by my Mom! I was able to help a bit with the sanding, construction, and painting on the previous weekend when I visited DeLand.

Finally, Louie is doing great. He's a happy and sweet kitten. On the second day he was already comfortable exploring the whole house and spending time outside when I was not home (I leave the garage door open a few inches for him to scamper in and out). So far he can't even eat a third of the canned food for dinner. Which is fine by me (and my wallet…cat food is not cheap:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home