Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

House Photos

Louie was helping my Dad and I determine why the toilet tank in my master bathroom wasn't holding water. He performed all the up-close inspections!

I finally got the big comfy couches put back together and into the living room where they belong. Big Thanks to Dustin for letting me hold onto all his furniture!

With my Dad's help last weekend, we got the bunk beds for my second guest bed room built and in place. I also decided to move some of the black wrought-iron chairs into the room because it was looking sparse. Now I just need a cool rug to tie it all together.

My clothes washer is in place and working in the garage! No, that is not a dryer sitting next to it, that's the kitchen range! Since I don't have the house plumbed for gas yet, no hurry to get it in the kitchen (and the dryer hasn't arrived yet).

These are the awesome bookcases that my Mom and Dad built to divide my huge master bedroom. They are double sided and there will be two more coming out from the other wall. Eventually, the space in between will have some sort of swinging-shutter-door thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fitzie said...

Sara, I have been reading your blog for about a year but this is the first response. Congrats on the new home. It seems like the home is just what you needed for both a partial distraction from tri's and to fulfill a dream. It's great having a family that feels the same way as you do and loves helping you with all the improvments.

A few questions. What are your goals with Tri's? In other words where do you see yourself in 1 month, 1 year, 5 years in the sport? Are you committed to stay in the sport with an ultimate goal of some kind? If so, what will it take to get you there?

Please do not take offense to the questions. I know you are committed to be the best you can but maybe I missed the part where you mentioned why you are in the sport and where you want it to take you as an athlete and after your time as an athlete. I enjoy your blog and find myself interested in following your career while at the same time wondering what you want out of that career.

Personally I am back into tri's as a 56 year old jock after not doing one since 1984.

Hope things are well. Steve

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Sara McLarty said...

Steve,
I never reply to comments, but I’ve never had so many questions asked in one comment!
My goals in athletics are to make the Olympic team. I have been to the USA Swimming Team trials in 2000 & 04 (narrowly missing the team in the 400 freestyle in 2004) and the Triathlon Team Trials in 2008.
In one month, I would like to be on the road to recovery with my injury, I would like to be coaching a successful and growing masters swim team in Clermont, and I would like to be having a positive response to my upcoming triathlon camps at the NTC.
In one year, I would like to be back at the top of my sport, traveling the world, and competing against the best women in triathlon. In 5 years, I would like to have memories of my Olympic experience in London 2012 and be on track for one more in 2016!
In order to achieve these athletic goals, I need the financial support that comes from corporate or individual sponsors, I need the emotional support from my friends and family, and I need the motivation and determination that hides inside me.
I hope that answers some of your questions, if you have any more, please feel free to email me personally. Best of luck to you in your personal triathlon journey…it’s a great lifestyle to chose!

Sara:)

7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home