Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

200 Meters!!!

Leaving the Middle School today, where I was a substitute teacher for 7th grade math, I happened to pull out of the parking lot behind a long line of buses. I'm not kidding when I say that I drove 200 meters down the street and was suddenly braking because one of the buses was dropping kids off!!!
200 METERS! I mean, are we seriously paying taxes so that these kids don't have to walk for 2 minutes down the street (with a sidewalk)!?!? I've got nothing wrong with buses, or kids riding buses (I was a kid that rode a bus)...I DO have a problem with the option of riding the bus when your house is within shouting distance from the school!
That's it...thats all I have to say about that topic!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it is some kind of law that
requires the kids to ride the bus...don't think they have a choice anymore

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home