Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thank You Dr. Funk!!!

Every day I have an 'amazing moment' where I just can't believe how fast and great my foot is recovering after surgery!
I was very happy doing my walk/jog around the track yesterday. I started with 20 minutes of 300 meter walking and 100 meters jogging. Before I called it a day, I did a few laps as 200m walk, 200m jog. On the walk back to the car I was definitely feeling very sore but thrilled at my quick progression.
Today, I started the day with a bike ride with friends. We chatted the whole way around a 90 minute loop and time does fly when you are having fun. After a two hour crash-nap with Louie, I got a perfectly-timed visit from my Dad.
As of mid-afternoon yesterday my kitchen sink stopped draining! So with tools that he still has from 25 years ago when my parents were building their house...my Dad managed to unclog the problem (I was there helping! We also got a 'third hand' from my house-mate Thomas.) and then find three more problems!! It was Hilarious. By solving one problem we were forced to take a closer look at parts of the house and spotted some things that had escaped us the first time (and second and third).
After cleaning up and saying "Thanks" and "Goodbye" to my Dad, I rushed off to swim practice. The kids are still kicking my butt in the pool but I'm enjoying the atmosphere of fitness and big dreams. I made it to 6700 yards before telling Alec that I was running on empty. As a finale to the day, I went into the gym and hopped on a treadmill. I thought I would just try to simulate what I did on the track yesterday but I completely AMAZED myself!
Over the course of 30 minutes, I did 3 x 5 minutes RUNNING! Okay, admittedly, it was more like jogging or waddling...but it was still 15 minutes total of running without ANY pain!! No pain, soreness, but no pain! I did a little dance:) Everyone, join me in a little dance:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats awesome your foot is feeling better! I rejoice with you!
~Melissa S. G'ville :)

3:18 PM

 
Blogger Charissa said...

You said "dance" and some reason I thought Mumbo Number 5 and then I ran across this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpRQKcQuPls

Chad
http://chadpiltri.blogspot.com
http://www.pilsterphotography.net

3:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home