Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I’m SOOOOOO Bored!

Get this thing OFF my foot! I can't do anything but sit around, watch TV, and work on the computer. I'm going into a self-induced COMA!

Although I'm happy to report that I think I'm recovering very fast…it obviously isn't FAST enough! I have done away with the crutches and I'm walking as normal as possible with this big boot on my foot. I just hope that I waited the proper length of time before putting full weight on my foot. The Doc mentioned I could walk on my toe and keeping the pressure off my heal…but I did that for the first few days and I got a major cramp in my shin and butt muscles from the awkward positions it was putting my leg.

So, I am memorizing the ABC night-time show schedule. With my ½ of a 'rabbit ear' antenna, I can pull in a fuzzy Channel 9 from Orlando…and that's IT! Combine that with my increasing frustration of not having the internet right at my fingertips…and I've made the first move to have Brighthouse come hook me up to the system. The final straw was realizing that if I want friends and training partners to come down and stay at my house…it's going to be a tough-sell when I finally tell them: "By the way, you can't watch TV at my house and you are going to have to drive somewhere to steal or use wireless!"

And the final-FINAL straw was when I charged another $10 at Blockbuster just to rent two movies. If I do that a few more times each month, I've basically paid for the cable! (Side note…when I was renting the movies, the people at Blockbuster informed me there are late fees again! I guess that didn't last long!)

My friend Koren hosted a kid's triathlon clinic at Lake Louisa today. I stopped by for an hour to talk to the kids (and parents) and regale them with stories from my career. Today, I chose the great 'sacrifice' story about how I made the Pan American Team in 2007…thanks to Laura giving up her slot.

Look at me…I'm already in a reminiscing mode of my greatest achievements. I'm like a little old lady telling stories of her youth to grandkids. I NEED to get back outside and DO something!!

Speaking of Koren, she should be here any minute to take me out to dinner. At least there's one thing I can still do…EATJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home