Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Daily Grind

Life has changed so much for me. I'm in a world where my daily activities don't change very much from day-to-day. That results in much less fodder for me to blog about...I mean, how many times do you want to read about me waking up at 5:30am and driving to the pool to coach the Master's Swim group? I'm going to be doing it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning...so just use your imagination!
In the house news...I finally have a working Natural Gas range in my kitchen. I celebrated by making myself a delicious omelet for lunch after the guy came and installed my meter and turned on the gas. I'm looking forward to my first load of laundry that I can dry in the Natural Gas heated dryer....boy, won't that make for a really exciting blog post!?!
Cat news is a bit depressing. After two weeks of owing a great cat, named Louie, he has failed to show up for over 5 days now. I've done quite a bit of searching around the neighborhood, talked to local people, and called all the animal hospitals and Humane Societies in the area...no luck. I'm a bit sad but I am just sticking with the belief that he was picked up by a loving person that thought he was a stray in the neighborhood. I'll always wish I had put a collar on him when he was outside...but you live and you learn.
My job at the NTC is moving along at 100 miles a minute. I've got three events sanctioned with USAT and all the info is up online for two Festival Days and one BASE training camp. I've added a women's weekend in March and I'm recruiting some World Champ medalists and Olympic athletes to show up to my "Train with the Pros" camp in February. I'm contacting every triathlon/multi-sport related company that has supported me over the years and offering a way to return the favor...free advertising to the people that attend my NTC camps.
Every now and then I get outside, off the computer, and work up a sweat. This morning, for example, I rode for 90 minutes among the lovely hills of Clermont. I've been attending the afternoon swim practices with Fast Lane (most days) and loving being back in the pool without feeling like I'm going to fall apart after 1000 yards!
Tonight I'm hosting my first 'dinner party'. I convinced two friends to come over for dinner at my place. And then after I talked them into the dinner party, I got home and realized that I don't have enough cooking equipment to MAKE dinner! So I'm off to the store for a cooking pot, a colander and some important ingredients!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Sounds like he had a great home. Maybe he will come home!

Sara, maybe you could post about why you left the Colorado Springs training place. Are you still heavily involved in the sport, or what was the reason for the move? Good luck in your new job. Dawn

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home