Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

1st Day of WORK!

Wednesday was my first day (okay, 90 minutes) of that thing called 'work'. I actually got to swipe my employee ID card to 'clock in'...that was fun!
Then I headed to the pool deck to coach my first day as the paid Masters Swim Coach at the NTC. I had about 16 people in the water...and about the same number of people have signed up and paid at the front desk (fortunately, I don't have to spend time billing and keeping track of all that).
My group is really fun and I am relying on them to spread the word to their other swimmer friends to keep the participant numbers growing. I'm not sure we have a real 'competitive' group just yet (lots of people who are just competitive in triathlon) so I'm going to hold off on registering as a Masters Swim Team until I get an overwhelming request...and then we'll either host some meets here in Clermont or go to other pools and kick butt:).
The rest of the hours in my day are filled up with writing details for the NTC camps that are scheduled for this winter. I'm emailing everyone I know in the triathlon world to get product/promotional items for our camper's goodie-bag (I want to fill them up!)...so if you know anyone that is involved in the million-dollar multi-sport industry, please pass the word that I am willing to promote their products!
In the evenings I am getting to the pool to swim with the Fast Lane team...and get my butt kicked by 14 year-olds. So far, I have not been able (or maybe the correct word should be 'motivated') to complete an entire practice. Last night, I got up to 6500 yards and my arms were hanging on by a thread! I'm back to struggling up and flying down all the lovely hills in Clermont (I was waiting for new chains on both my bikes before getting back on the roads). As for that third sport that is involved with triathlon...I'm going to leave that update for an entirely different post in the future. I'm not ready to drop that big bomb just yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home