Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Little Bit of EVERYTHING

The thought of being 'side-lined' for the next two weeks with a boot on my foot has prompted me to do a flurry of activities that I will not be able to do after Monday morning.
I got in one last swim practice with the Fast Land kids on Thursday night.
I coached my awesome Master's group on Friday morning (new attendance record: 21!).
I worked my first day as a Lake County Substitute Teacher at Windy Hill Middle (thanks, Kerri, for the opportunity!).
I did my laundry (I have officially used the dryer now), ran my dishwasher, took out the trash, cleaned my room, packed up some perishables from the fridge, packed clothes and toiletries for the weekend, loaded my bike in the car.
Friday night I drove back to the Farm in DeLand.
This morning, my Dad and I met up with Mike and Chad for a beautiful 65 mile ride (thanks to the guys for pulling me around the loop!).
I totally conked out after the ride for a mid-day nap.
Nancy invited my Mom and I over to the lake for a sail (the winds were perfect!).
I drove over to Daytona to the Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick up some household items (hosting a dinner party and asking the guests to bring a POT is slightly embarrassing!).
On the way home, I dropped by the grocery store for some kitchen staples.
Dad and I just pulled a pizza out of the oven for dinner.
Tomorrow I am planning to go horse-back-riding on Buddy or Peyton with my Mom, spend some time with my Grandma, get my pain-pill-prescription filled, and anything else I can think of!
I have been contacted by the outpatient surgery center in Orlando and they are requesting my presence at 5:30am...that puts us leaving the house a 4:30am!! At least it will be easy to skip breakfast at that time...I can't have anything in my stomach after 11pm on Sunday night!
Right now, I'm off to dig into some homemade pizza and watch the Gators STOMP on the LSU Tigers...we've already scored 90 seconds into the game! GO GATORS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
you don't know me but I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home