Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, November 03, 2008

East Coast, West Coast

This weekend will have some of my friends off to the West Coast (San Francisco to be exact) for the Treasure Island Triathlon. It should be one of the last, if not the last, ITU-style race of the year for most Americans. Finishing out the season in November is tough, especially when some people started in February!
On the East Coast, this weekend is the 70.3 World Champs in Clearwater, Florida...just down the road 2 hours from Clermont. I've got some long-distance friends competing here as well. Unlike the ITU style, the long-distance season can span year-round because people compete less often. Just a few weeks after the 70.3 in Clearwater, there will be some familiar faces at the Arizona Ironman!
And as for myself, I'm officially back into training. Yesterday I went for an hour walk down the lake-front trail. I had my phone with me and I was just chatting away as I headed towards my arbitrary turn-around point. As I neared the trail-marker that was going to be my half-way, I suddenly realized that my foot was starting to make it's self known! It was a big undertaking for me less than three-weeks post-surgery but I finished what I set out to do...and I made it all the way back to the house!
I even went to swim practice...yesterday...Sunday...which is like a religious holiday for swimmers! We NEVER swim on Sunday! But, I was there, in the pool at noon...swimming laps...and I have a sun-burnt face as proof!
On a side note, the latest edition of Triathlete Magazine is on store-shelves! It has an article about the National Training Center in Clermont...where I coach and train. The article mentions some of the triathlon training camps that we are offering this winter! Come check us out and pass on the info to your friends, teammates, and training partners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home