Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, November 10, 2008

4-Weeks...To The DAY!

This beautiful Florida Monday morning marked exactly four weeks since I scooted myself onto the operation table in Orlando and went under the knife to fix my foot.
How am I doing these days, you might ask. What kind of rehab does Dr. Funk have you starting?
Well, geee, thanks for asking. Let me tell you what I did today.
After waking up at 5:30am and coaching Masters Swim practice on my feet for 90 minutes, my coach told me to meet him down at the track for a TRACK WORKOUT!!! No kidding. I'm 100% serious. I was running 80 meter sprints for 30 minutes this morning! 4-Weeks To The Day!!!
And let me tell you...I am feeling EVERY step of that workout...in every part of my body...except for my foot!!! Absolutely AMAZING!
My calves are tired. My quads are sore. My hamstrings are tight. But both feet feel like a million bucks!
Back home, after the workout, I actually had to take a mid-day nap to recover from my big morning training session (actually, I just wanted to fall asleep so that I couldn't feel my legs anymore).
Eventually, I moseyed back to the NTC for a 30 minute strength workout, two hours in the pool, and finished off with 40 minutes on the spin bike (what I would give for more daylight hours). oh yeah, I feel like a million bucks...a million bucks that have just been run over by a steam roller!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home