Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Miami or Bust

I'm about 20 minutes from heading out the door, picking up Misty and Binx, and starting the drive to Miami! I had a nice easy day today...coached masters swim in the early morning but then took advantage of being awake to clean my house a bit and pack for the weekend. I went back to the pool at noon for a nice mid-day 3000 yard swim (I love pre-race days) in the sunshine. Grabbed a bite to eat at Panera before reporting to the USAT Coaching Clinic to give my presentation on Open Water Swimming.
The 90 minute talk went well, everyone looked interested (even MY coach...who is getting certified this weekend!) and gave me a round of applause at the end. I made a quick pit-stop at the NTC one last time before heading home to load my bikes and bags.
With a dinner stop and a gas stop, Misty and I should be pulling into her parents place around 10pm tonight. Perfect...just roll into the house and go to sleep:)
Tomorrow is a big day...with checking out the course, checking-in, putting bikes into transition, etc. I've got to try to minimize my time outside in the Miami heat/humidity so that Sunday is a success! Who knows what kind of Internet time I'll be getting during the trip, but you can bet I'll log in as soon as I return to Clermont!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home