Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Clermont Adventures (Part 1)

A few weekends ago (yes, I'm finally getting around to posting photos) some Clermont-ian friends and I went on an afternoon kayak trip. I always love to point out that I now live in "LAKE" County, Florida...and they didn't have to think very hard to come up with that name! We have lakes galore!
And what we also have right here in our backyard is called the "Chain of Lakes" where about 7 good-sized lakes are all connected by canals and channels. Perfect for KAYAKING!
So, after a day of crazy hard training, my friends took charge and prepared the adventure. I mentioned that it would be tons of fun to head out in the afternoon with a picnic-dinner packed. Paddle for a ways, pull over and enjoy dinner with a sunset and then paddle home. After I swam, biked, and ran until exhaustion...I found myself cheerily climbing into a kayak loaded with snacks and surrounded by good friends!

Misty, Vicky, Adam, Ashley and I made up the five adventurers of the afternoon.

We started in Lake Minneola, from Ashley's dock, and headed northwest. This was the official exit from Lake Minneola and into our first canal.

The wildlife was not disappointing. We saw a family of otters crossing the canal in front of us...I only managed to snap some shots of this papa/mama because it hung around. Seemed quite interested in our little group...or loved being photographed...you pick.

Mr. (or Mrs.) Otter checking us out from the river bank.

River-Blockade! Must pay with snacks or drinks to get through!

Check out the timing of this photo! A beautiful Big Blue Heron taking flight.


That's me in the red kayak, taking a photo of...

...Misty in the blue kayak, taking a photo of me:)



Ladies and Gentlemen, dinner is served! On an island, in a lake, on some cement blocks that we found! Watching a beautiful sunset and having a lot of laughs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home