Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 06, 2009

'Bout Time

It has seriously taken me this long to recover from my Miami race, pick up where I left off in my training, and catch up on sleep/work/chores/lounging/etc. I've logged some of the most awesome training sessions of my career in the past 14 days. Which is why my normal pattern of using my 'down-time' to play and blog on the computer has taken a serious hit! Since I just got a comment about my lack of blogging...it has officially kicked my butt into gear for a late evening post.
Basically, my life has been purring along. I'm happy, healthy, and having a lot of fun. I think there must be something in the Clermont water supply...and I'm liking it! Which also means I will need to bottle it up and travel with a weeks supply of water so that I can feed my addiction on the road:)
But really, training is going great! I came home from the Miami race and Alec put me right to work for the last 6 weeks of preparation for the onslaught of races in April/May/June. I'm half way through those six weeks and already I'm anxious to race...usually it's the other way around...I'm wishing I had more time to train! So, I think that is a good sign. Don't you?
Oh yeah, race season is right around the corner (I am categorizing Miami like a review-test...you know, kinda like what your teachers gave the day before the BIG exam so you could remember what to study). So, I made my mistakes when they didn't matter and now it's time to take the real tests. First up is St. Anthony's on April 26th. I'll be driving over the day before, attending the race meeting, checking out the course, and then spending the night in a hotel up the road. Dustin is flying in from California to compete as well...he's got his PRO CARD...and the McLarty Sibling Challenge is ON! The pro women start 2 minutes back from the men...look out Dustin, here I come:)
Luckily, there is minimal travel involved with St. A's because I will be getting plenty of that two days later. I have been invited by USAT to compete in the first World Champ Series ITU race of the year...in Tongyeong, South Korea, on May 2nd! I will be flying out of Orlando on Tuesday, April 28th, arriving in Tongyeong on Thursday, attending the pre-race meeting that afternoon, competing on Saturday, cheering for the men on Sunday, and flying home on Monday. Phew! I've already got my Monday after St. A's all planned out...ice bath, massage, easy swim/bike/run, lots of resting, last minute packing, etc.
The next weekend is a BIG event. My friend Misty and I will be participating in the Orlando Muddy Buddy on May 9th! We are brainstorming team names and costume ideas. Any ideas are welcome to be shared.
Continuing along the calendar brings me to the weekend of May 16th where you will find me in Oklahoma City competing in the Pan American Championships. I've already got my flight purchased, departing on the Thursday and returning on the Sunday. I've got a hotel room booked. I'm stoked to be rooming with Jasmine again, we are already scheming about fun things to do while we are visiting the area. The final decision will be regarding a rental car...I need to do some research and see if we can survive on just taxis and bikes.
Last, but not least, for the month of May, is the Cap Tex Tri in Austin on Memorial Day Monday. I can honestly say I haven't competed in a triathlon on a Monday yet...this should be interesting! What also makes it unique is my travel plans...I will be in Houston at the US Masters Swim Fest from Friday until Sunday morning. As soon as I can depart, I will be hauling booty in a rental car across the state to Austin (did this have to be in the biggest state??). Hopefully I can arrive in time for the pre-race meeting that afternoon, check into a hotel room, and get ready to compete on Monday! I'm sure I'll have a handful of good stories from that weekend:)
That about wraps up the next two months for Sara McLarty, the professional triathlete. If I really wanted to, I could go down to Miami on the 31st of May (there are a LOT of weekends in this month) for a women's only race! Let me warn you now...don't hold your breath for that to happen! I'll probably spend the weekend refusing to get out of bed:)
But all that is a long way in the future. Right now, I am concentrating one day at a time. Trying to train smart and hard...and still have some fun adventures along the way. Happy Spring to everyone:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home