Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Final Countdown

Okay, this isn't the final countdown...but I sure am excited! It's been 5 1/2 weeks since I went down to Miami and had an 'OK' race. Starting on the day I returned to Clermont (Monday, March 16th) I have been training sooooooooooo hard! I've loved every minute of it! It sure has kept me busy and focused on the goal of being back in decent form for the heart of 2009.
Speaking of 2009...that race season has arrived! I'm gearing up for 5 events in the next 2 months! Fortunately for my wallet and my sanity, most of them are in the USA and relatively easy to travel to. Everything starts this weekend over in St. Petersburg with the St. Anthony's Triathlon. Due to my foot injury & some serious blister pain after the '08 Olympic Trials race, I was forced to withdraw from St. A's last year. That was very sad and it was like the first time I've missed that race in my triathlon career!
Well, that won't be happening this year...I am soooooo ready to race! I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends and teammates (that's just a nice way to say competitors) and cheering on some of the people that I have met over the past couple of months working at the NTC.
My younger brother, Dustin will be competing in his first race as a Professional Triathlete! The men's pro wave starts at 6:52am on Sunday morning. The women follow them into the water 3 minutes later at 6:55. I'm sure I will catch a few guys (there are OVER 50 pro men registered...that is HUGE!) but I will be mentally cheering on my brother...I'm hoping for a McLarty sweep of "first out of the water!"
Speaking of Dustin's first pro race...the challenge is ON between the two of us...it's like a race-within-a-race. I really think that I can beat him...if not across the line, than at least post a faster time. Can you tell I'm excited?!?! I'll stop talking about this silly race, promise!
I'm looking forward to some house-guests before and after this weekend's race. On Thursday, my BFF Beth Margalis is stopping by for a visit. She and Robert are in town for our good friend Paige's wedding. Sadly, I will be at the pre-race meeting in St. Pete while Paige and Matt are saying "I Do"...so I will send my love with Beth! She's visiting me while Robert does all the pre-wedding festivities with Matt.
After the race, I'm bringing Matt Chrabot and Jill Petersen with me to Clermont. They have both accepted my offer to stay in Central Florida for the 48 hours before departing to Korea. Saves them an extra trip back to Colorado...and gives me some friends to travel with out of Orlando on Tuesday morning! Casa de'Sara's will be jam packed full over the next couple of days...but the more, the merrier!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home